Tuesday, February 10, 2009

today

In order to assuage the few readers of this blog, I will give you a quick update about my day.

I ran after work OUTSIDE because it was so beautiful and the dog came with me again! I was SO HAPPY about it. I told him to go home when we passed the farmhouse but he wouldn't listen and followed me to the apartment. Aaron came up a few minutes after me and said "Hey, did you run outside? That dog is down there whining for you at the door." I want a dog very badly. I am working on a possible puppy name list. The names need to be classic/literary/nerdy/smart, easy to yell, and to weird to ever give a child. So far I really like Icharus. Nicknamed Ike because Icharus isn't easy to yell, naturally. Someone came to the bank today at the drive-up with a golden retriever puppy named Sandy. Cute, but not very original.

Right now Aaron and I are arguing about who would have to teach our kids' science lessons. We would leave this responsibility up to me because... ?

I have a goal of running 4 times a week and studying for the GRE a little bit every day until I take it on March 7. It's coming up kind of soon!

Iowa is really beautiful. That's what I was thinking about as I was chasing the sunset on the dirt road surrounded by miles of crop fields. This is beautiful. I like Iowa, but I'm still struggling with the idea of Iowa. It just seems so midwestern, countryish, boring and corny. If I truly let myself like it here, I'm afraid I will be midwestern, countryish, boring and corny. Ick.

3 comments:

Kaela said...

I like your idea for a dog name. I was a little disappointed in "Bailey" as a name choice, to be honest. So I call him Wolfman, which I think suits him better.
What kind of dog do you want?

Beth said...

Do you know how much I love you? It's a lot.

For some reason I have an urge to watch the Parent Trap with you. I have no idea why, but I do.

Abby said...

the one with Haley or Lindsey?? I could go for Lindsey. I know she's nasty now, but I love that movie.