Sunday, March 22, 2009

a list of happiness

* my dad and Beth came last weekend! Beth and I got some much-needed sister bonding time.
* my co-workers spent all week complaining about how it was supposed to rain this weekend. Instead, it has been absolutely beautiful! T-shirts and flip-flops all weekend.
* Aaron and I went on a little marriage-retreat weekend courtesy of a christmas present from his parents. The speakers had some nice things to say, but it was mostly nice to spend so much time together! We checked out a cool irish restaurant we've never been to for the "date night" and went to Home Depot on our lunch break to look at seeds and paint colors for our new house.
* Oh yeah... we bought a house! We should close on May 1st and move in soon after it.
* Lent = O Sacred Head = Amazing.
* Daylight savings isn't my favorite part of spring (hehe) but with the time change and the way we rearranged our bedroom furniture, I can watch the sunrise for a few minutes after I hit the alarm. I always think of the song "Morning has Broken" with the lines: Praise with elation! Praise every morning!/ For God's recreation of the new day."

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so happy I got to come and see you, even if I didn't get to say that long.

I agree the time change kind of sucks a little bit, but it sure is nice to have the sun up when I'm going to early classes!

I miss you love!

Britt said...

Abby, congrats on your house!!! That is sooo exciting :0)